ASP Nuke
>

Member Login
Username
Password

Don't have an account yet, register now it's free!
I forgot my password

Article Search

Message Forums
ASP Nuke  (225/429)
ASP Development  (13/23)
SQL Server Development  (5/12)

Suggestion Box

Have a suggestion on how we can improve this application?

Please send us your suggestions, we would love to hear what you have to say!

Help ASP Nuke

Help support "ASP Nuke" and free software by donating now

Task List

ASP Nuke Tasks:

Original Message

Sorry,
No
Picture
cboath
RE: RE: Help -with MySQL
Monday, January 17, 2005
e-mail . edit . reply
I have this same problem. However in the case above, wouldn't the ip, name, password in the global.asa file be irrelevant? Isn't that line commented out for MySQL? Isn't it just reading the

Const asaConnectionString = "odbc;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.23.58 Driver};DSN=aspnuke; OPTION=3"

line?

Here's the response i get trying to run the setup1.asp:

Database Configuration Test
This script must be run on your web server where ASP Nuke is installed and must be stored within the folder where your web site was installed.

Success!!!

Your connection string has already defined (Application("adoConn_ConnectionString"))

Resave your root-level web configuration file (global.asa) to clear the cache

Found database connection string in global.asa file!

Database Connection Test
Connecting to the database and making sure that the database is empty. Please be careful about installing ASP Nuke onto a pre-existing database server.

FAILURE!!!

Database connection string is invalid, database error is

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (-2147467259)

value: "odbc;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};DSN=mysql_dbname; OPTION=3"

--------------------------------

i'll admit i changed the DSN to the name of my database (which maybe isn't right) - but it didn't work with aspnuke in it either. Don't know if it matters, but i'm also running another mysql db on the same site. Anything you can do to help point in the right direction here would help a lot.

Thanks!

Your Reply

Posted By User
Anonymous Coward

We noticed that you are not logged in.Please enter your member login to receive credit for your post.Or you may register now for a free account.

Username
Password
Message Subject
Message Body Format:   Bold Italicized Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Underline Text Insert Image Horizontal Rule Strike Through Insert Smilie

Topic Overview   Forum Overview

Web Links
Download
Sponsors

FAQ

Poll

What's Your Favorite Browser?

Mozilla Firefox
Internet Explorer
Netscape
Safari
Opera
Other

View Results . Archive

Other Languages

Join the language translation project  to translate ASP Nuke into other languages

Hit Counter
Total page views since
Sept 19, 2003

Valid CSS!
Valid HTML 4.01!

LSD melts your mind, not in your hand. -- Anon.   
© 2002 Orvado Technologies, All Rights Reserved - Site Map - CSS - HTML - 62.5000 msec